Sardinia is a sailors’ paradise in clear blue waters off the mainline of Italy, and one of the most popular destinations for Mediterranean yacht charter.
Each summer, its first class marinas and perfectly equipped ports fill up with luxury vessels as scores of visitors discover the delights of the Mediterranean’s second largest island.
1. Explore some of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean. Beaches like Cala Gonone, Li Coggi beach, or the touristic Costa Smeralda consistently appear in the top of ‘The World’s Best Beaches’ lists but arguably the best is La Pelosa, near Stintino, wide and long it’s waters are shallow in shore, ideal for kids in the surf but becomes deeper further out for more energetic bathers.
2. Check out the rich and varied wildlife on your Italy yacht charter. Unique species of deer and foxes live in the woods and mountains, while many different types of birds, including the Chaffinch and Flamingo, visit the island every year in great numbers. Monk seals and turtles live in the Sardinian waters, and the Balaenoptera Physalus (or fin whale) can often be spotted near the shores.
3. Relax on Mediterranean yacht charter at the Parco Nazionale Arcipelago Di La Maddalena, in the north of Sardinia. During clear days, you can see the coastline of Corsica from the most northern island of La Maddalena, Isola Razzoli. This archipelago, reached only by boat, boasts stunning views, friendly people, and a unique atmosphere.
4. Visit the capital Cagliari and enjoy some of the best views around from the Bastione San Remy, a bastion built on one of the city’s seven hills. There is a weekly flea market here which is well worth a visit, you never know what you might find on it’s cluttered stalls.
5. Discover the Porto Cervo Marina, in the north-east of Sardinia. The resort is the favourite resort of the world’s elite ever since it caught the eye of Prince Aga Khan in the 1960s.sail sardinia, sardinia, visit sardinia