Sardinia is a sailors’ paradise, in clear blue waters off the mainland of Italy and just below Corsica, it is one of the most popular destinations for a Mediterranean yacht charter.
Each summer its first class marinas and perfectly equipped ports fill up with visitors on a charter vacation, all keen to discover the delights of the Mediterranean’s second largest island.
- Explore some of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean. Beaches like Cala Gonone, Li Coggi beach, or the touristic Costa Smeralda consistently appear at the top of ‘The World’s Best Beaches’ lists. Arguably the best of these is La Pelosa beach, near Stintino, 50 kilometers North of Alghero Airport.
- Check out the rich and varied wildlife on an Italy yacht charter. Unique species of deer and foxes live in the woods and mountains, whilst many different types of birds, including the Chaffinch and Flamingo, visit the island every year in great numbers. Monk seals and turtles live in the Sardinian waters, and the Balaenoptera Physalus (or fin whale) can often be be spotted near the shore.
- Relax on your Mediterranean yacht charter at the Parco Nazionale Arcipelago Di La Maddalena, to the north of Sardinia. During clear days, you can see the coastline of Corsica from the most northern island of La Maddalena, Isola Razzoli. This archipelago – accessible only by boat – boasts stunning views, friendly people, and a unique atmosphere.
- Visit the capital Cagliari and enjoy some of the best views on the Mediterranean from the Bastione San Remy, perched on one of the city’s seven hills. There is a weekly market here which is well worth a visit from your Italy yacht charter.
- Hang out at the Porto Cervo Marina, in the north-east of Sardinia. The resort is the favourite resort of some of the world’s wealthiest people ever since it caught the eye of Prince Aga Khan in the 1960s.